Monday, June 11, 2012

Lem

My kid likes Star Wars and Donald Duck. Also the fairy tales of Hans Christian Andersen. And Stanislaw Lem. Lem used to be one of the best writers, not only polish, but in general. It is a privilege to be able to read his books in the original. I lived in Cracow years ago and had a chance to meet Stanislaw Lem twice. I did not speak to him, there were just some meetings with his enthusiasts, like me. There was not enough time to speak, and after all, I am just one among the thousands who like Lem. My favourite book of him are "The stories of pilot Pirx" and "Golem XIV". My kid knows one of the stories ("The hunting") and he likes it, too. The "Droids' fairy tales" also, although I think they are still a little too difficult for him. In fact they are not fairy tales for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment