Thursday, May 31, 2012

Do you bite your thumb, sir?

This is a funny story dating back to our kindergarden times. I was telling my kid about Shakespeare, precisely "Romeo and Juliet", and I told him that "biting one's thumb" was an offending gesture in that time. I mean about 500 years ago, in England. It was so interesting for him that he started to bite his thumb "on me". Left thumb, right thumb, both thumbs at the same time... Kids are funny. He also told his colleagues in the kindergarden about it, and for a short while they were all doing it. I wonder whether the teachers knew what was the reason.

Another story, also from the kindergarden. My kid asked my once what is it that I like the most. Without thinking too much I answered "ladies". I did not realize that he was doing his homework and the question was a part of it. On the next day I was given a piece of paper with handwritten sentence "Daddy likes the most the ladies". I lost my reputation, if I had any.

No comments:

Post a Comment